Every social media platform has an algorithm to drive engagement on users’ posts based on various factors and TikTok has no exception. TikTok is one of the newest and most popular social media platforms that allows users to share videos and get followers. It all seems easy, but like any other social media site, it is very hard to drive engagement and get followers on TikTok. It has an elusive algorithm to define how users interact on the platform. In this post, we will try to decode it for you so that you can generate more engagement on your videos and get more followers to increase your popularity.
The TikTok algorithm is designed to serve content based on interest and users’ interactions. Recently, TikTok has revealed how its algorithm works and according to it, “The system recommends content by ranking videos based on a combination of factors — starting from interests you express as a new user and adjusting for things you indicate you’re not interested in, too.” It means you need to follow user interests and trends on the platform to achieve greater engagement and growth.
To crack the TikTok algorithm, you have to understand factors that influence it to generate user-based interactions to define the popularity of content creators. Some of the key factors that influence the TikTok algorithm are:
- Likes, comments, shares, and rewatches on a video
- Subject matter based on user interests
- Device settings such as language and location
- Audio used
- Keywords in captions
- User activity
All these factors have a weightage in the TikTok algorithm to serve content-based interaction on the platform. Content creators need to create and optimize their videos by keeping all these factors in mind and descriptions keeping all these factors in mind to generate maximum engagement. The TikTok algorithm has a unique recommendation system based on “indicators of interest” to rank videos. These indicators are:
- Strong indicator: TikTok finds it a strong indicator when a user watches a video from beginning to end. It indicates that the video is of high quality to attract users ‘attention throughout its watch time.
- Weak Indicator: TikTok considers it as a weak indicator when the viewer and creator are not from the same country. It makes it clear that you should be very careful with your audience targeting while creating videos.
It is also important to know that the followers’ count and previous performance of your videos don’t play any significant role in TikTok’s recommendation systems. Any of your videos can go viral to drive huge engagement and get more likes and followers.
You can easily make changes in your process to boost your performance on the platform by following these practices:
- Create videos that hook your audience from the beginning
- Focus on a specific niche to create all your videos
- Use trending audio in your videos
- Create accessible content
- Don’t hesitate to use hashtags and new features
Now you know how the TikTok algorithm works and what are the ways to boost your performance to get more likes, shares, comments, and followers. Though followers count doesn’t play a significant role in driving engagement on the platform, it can generate the initial engagement to boost your reach on the platform. At Insta Like USA, you can buy TikTok followers for quick and instant growth to make things a bit easier for you. Check out our plans and pricing to help yourself grow your account.